Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tasting- 2008 Gabriella Chianti

Name: Gabriella Chianti
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Chianti
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Winery Review: This beautiful wine has the very deep red, almost purple, color that you would expect in a Chianti. The first thing that you notice is the fruit, balanced by a bit of spice. It is a good dry wine with a bold flavor. Even with its boldness, this Chianti is velvety smooth.

My Review: I found the color of this wine to be a little lighter than described, more of a dark cranberry. The nose smelled like rubber and tomato sauce to me, not a bad smell, but not refreshing either. This Chianti was dry, with  very powerful and bold flavor. I noticed the tomato, some spice, and a little fruit and some acidity. Overall this wine was too flavorful alone and I think would be better paired with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment